- Heat mushrooms, garlic, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, butter, salt and pepper in a covered frying pan for a few minutes until mushrooms begin to soften. Remove lid and allow to sauté until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté onions in a frying pan in 1 teaspoon of olive oil until tender. Add baby spinach and toss over low heat until wilted.
- Combine spinach, onion, olives and mushrooms and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and ricotta with salt and pepper until eggs are aerated. There should be pieces of ricotta remaining throughout the egg mixture.
- In a non-stick oven pan, place the vegetable mixture evenly across the base. Pour over the egg mixture to cover.
- Cooking times will vary, depending on the depth of the tray used. The frittata should be 3 to 6 cm high. Bake at 160°C for 20 to 30 minutes, or until set.
- Serve with 1 1⁄2 additional handfuls of recommended vegetables or salad per serve.