pH Urine & Saliva
Subtle changes in the pH of the body can have substantial impacts on health condition, including stress, bone density, pain, muscle mass and hormonal balance. Urine and Saliva pH testing is a good measure of the “acid-load” within the body.
Zinc Taste Testing
Zinc is a very important mineral that is needed for over 300 enzymatic reactions within the body. It is the most important mineral for the Immune System. The zinc taste test is based on evidence detailed in the Journal of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine (June 2004) 14 (2), 83-87: that sense of taste is in part modulated by the enzyme, gustin, present in saliva, which is zinc dependant and loss of taste discrimination of zinc is one of the first effects of low zinc status.
Numerous research studies have found that sub-optimal levels of zinc are very common at all ages, especially in the elderly. An Australian study found that 85% of women and 65% of men do not receive the RDA for zinc in their diets.
Body Composition Testing
This involves connecting leads with electrodes to your hand and foot which pass a low voltage electrical current through your body. This is safe and painless but provides and insight into aspects of your body composition e.g.:
- Fat Mass compared to you ideal fat mass
- Muscle Mass compared your ideal muscle mass
- Hydration levels
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Cellular Health
- Toxicity, Fluid imbalances, Inflammation
Screening and Assessments
As a Naturopathic Health Care Practitioner, I encourage you to take an active part in managing and understanding your health. Through our comprehensive screening, assessments, and an understanding of the most recent research, I may be able to develop more effective health strategies tailor-made for you. I will discuss our in-house screening and assessments with you during your consultation and how we may be able to improve your health.
Food Intolerance Testing – Food Detective – Testing 59 of the commonly eaten foods.
Food Intolerance is not usually life-threatening but can make the sufferer fell extremely unwell. The symptoms of food intolerance can be delayed for many hours or even days and for this reason it is often difficult to identify the problem foods. Sufferers usually experience lethargy or fogginess and a general feeling of unwellness.
This IgG Food Intolerance test checks your IgG antibody reactions to the following:
- Cereals – Corn Durum Wheat, Gluten, Oats, Rice, Rye, Wheat
- Nuts & Beans – Almond, Brazil Nut, Cashews, Cocoa Bean, Olives, Peanuts, Legume Mix (pea, lentil, haricot), Soya Bean, Walnut
- Meats – Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork
- Fish – Freshwater Fish Mix (salmon, trout), Shellfish Mix (shrimp, prawn, crab, lobster, mussel), Tuna, White Fish Mix (haddock, cod, plaice)
- Vegetables – Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber, Leek, Peppers (red, green, yellow), Potato.
- Fruits – Apple, Blackcurrant, Grapefruit, Melon Mix (cantaloupe, water melon), Orange & Lemon, Strawberry, Tomato.
- Other – Egg (whole), Cow’s milk, Garlic, Ginger, Mushroom, Tea, and Yeast.
Food intolerance may produce a variety of symptoms including:
Anxiety, Arthritis, Asthma, Bed Wetting, Bloating, Bronchitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Fibromyalgia, Gastritis, Headaches, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Insomnia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Itchy skin problems, Malabsorption, Sleep Disturbance, Water Retention, Weight Control problems.
This IgG test is performed using a blood sample from a finger prick that is diluted and the tested against small spots of the detailed food protein extracts. If you test positive to any of the food groups in the test, the simple act of removing them from your diet and finding alternative food choices can completely change your life.