- Preheat oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay paper towel onto a clean kitchen bench or tray. Remove the stem from the eggplant, then stand the eggplant upright on a chopping board on the cut flat end. Starting at the top, make lengthways slices, approximately 1 cm apart, until you have 6 to 8 slices of eggplant.
- Lay each slice of eggplant onto paper towel and sprinkle a little salt on each side before laying more paper towel on top. Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes while you make the filling (this is to help draw out the bitter juices from the eggplant).
- Empty both tubs of ricotta into a bowl and add the lemon juice, garlic and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine ingredients thoroughly, then place the mixture into the fridge.
- Pat down the eggplant with paper towel to remove the juices. Lay each slice of eggplant onto the lined baking tray and place into the oven for 5 minutes. Turn over the eggplant and bake for a further 5 minutes before removing it from the oven to cool (this will soften the eggplant enough to be able to roll it).
- Increase oven temperature to 180°C and grease a baking dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. When the eggplant is cool enough to handle, place 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture onto a slice of eggplant and roll it up to form a tube-shaped roll. Place into the baking dish and repeat this process for all remaining slices.
- Cover the eggplant evenly with passata, sprinkle with the grated mozzarella and place into the oven for 45 mins or until cooked through and golden brown.
To serve: add 2 handfuls of fresh green salad per person.