- Heat oven to 130°C.
- Brown the lamb shoulder on both sides in a cast iron saucepan, then add the garlic, beef stock, bay leaves, thyme and half lemon to the pan. Seal with a layer of aluminium foil before adding the lid and roasting in the oven for approximately 6 to 8 hours or until the lamb is soft and falling off the bone.
- Place the zucchini, eggplants, squash and fennel in a bowl. Add salt and black pepper along with the olive oil and gently combine to coat.
- Approximately 45 minutes before wanting to serve the lamb, heat the BBQ and pour a little olive oil onto the capsicum. BBQ on all sides until almost black then remove and place into a bowl. Cover with cling film to trap the steam and set aside. Place the sliced zucchini, eggplants, squash and fennel on the BBQ and cook until golden brown, remove and place into a clean bowl.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the softened capsicum from the bowl, saving the juices, and rub gently to remove the skin. Discard the seeds and stem and slice the capsicum into strips. Add to the other BBQ vegetables along with the kale.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the capsicum juice from the bowl, along with the sherry vinegar, to the BBQ vegetables. Mix to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove lamb meat from the bones and serve with the BBQ vegetable salad.